Friday, November 20, 2009

Five Question Friday, 11/20/09

My Little Life

It is Friday once again so that mean it's time for Five Question Friday hosted by Mama M at My Little Life.  It's interesting to see how everyone else answers the same five questions.  So here goes. 

1. Are you a Black Friday shopper?

Heck-to-the-NO!  I'm not much for shopping as it is so I sure don't want to fight with a bunch of crazy women over a $5 microwave.  Now my hubby will get up there at 5am to get the small things such as towels.  They usually do have good deals on stuff like that and he doesn't mind the crowd.  I,on the other hand, am a little claustrophobic and don't care for the crowds.  Believe me, I wish I was a more aggressive when it came to getting those once in a lifetime deals and such.  I'll pass, though, thank you very much.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? (Think Easy Bake Oven, Cabbage Patch Kids, Shrinky Dinks, etc.)

I loved my CPK and thought that it was so awesome that my sis and I got one, but I was actually more of a pen and paper kind of kid.  Give me a notepad and a box of colored pencils.  I'll be occupied for hours!

3. Favorite Christmas movie?

I absolutely love all Christmas movies from It's a Wonderful Life to the more recent Polar Express.  My all time favorite A Christmas Story.  You know how TBS runs it for 24 hours on Christmas Eve every year?  Well I am one of those that will watch it several times within that 24 hours so long as I don't drive the rest of the family nuts with it! 

4. What is the "must have" item on your Christmas list this year?


Truthfully, I received the sweetest gift ever three years back and have not been all that picky since then.  My baby.  No, not one of the kids.  I almost love my kids as much as I love this gift, though.  Not really, I do love the kids a little more.  Yes, I am talking about my 1967 Ford Mustang, ba-bee!!

I have wanted one of these since I was a kid.  I grew up a Ford girl (thanks Daddy) and THIS is the exact car I always wanted.  When Sean came across it at such a good deal, he had to get it for me.  

I'll tell you what I wouldn't mind having, though.  I want one of those Kitchenaid mixers.  You know what I mean.  The ones that do everything. I've been wanting one for years now and just haven't broken down to buy it.  Maybe Santa will be extra nice this year and put me one under the tree.

5. Do you go all out with decorations or do you keep it simple and classy?

I try to make the decorating part of Christmas fun for the kids so simple and classy are so out.  Our tree consists of homemade ornaments from both home and school as well as some cool stuff we find at Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store or something.  Last year I did come across a really good deal at Ikea for boxes of really pretty ornaments that were super cheap.  So this year may be a little more of what Mommy wants!

So those are my answers to the five questions for this week.  Now pop on over to Mama M's and see what she and everyone else said.  Happy Friday!!
Share/Bookmark



No comments: