Friday, November 6, 2009

Can I get a little help here!?

Photobucket
Ok, ladies.  I have a question for you.  Do you ever feel taken advantage of by your own family?  Let me explain.

I am a stay at home mom and I really do love it.  What I don't love about it though, is that I seem to be the only person that lifts a finger in my home.  I so appreciate my husband and his working outside of the home.  I want my children to focus on school and strive to meet their goals in becoming successful adults.  I also want them to pick up after themselves, though.  I would be extremely embarrassed to show you pictures of my children's rooms right now.  Disasters, I tell you!

So does it seem fair that I have to clean the house, wash the laundry, cook, clean up after cooking, care for the baby, change almost every diaper (especially dirty ones), carry out the trash, do the dishes, mow the yard, pick up the dirty laundry, check homework, check for dirty ears, check for clean socks, sweep, mop, vacuum, check for dirty finger nails, put away the laundry, etc, etc, etc....*breeeeathe* all while the rest of the family is watching tv or playing video games?

I think you get the gist.

I constantly feel rundown and completely unappreciated.  Is it so bad to ask for a little help?  Can't someone else watch the baby for 5 minutes instead of me having to take her into the restroom with me?  Or pull the overflowing trash bag out before it, well, overflows?  We're talking about a 33 year old grown man as well as an 11 year old and an 8 year old.  Am I being over dramatic and selfish?  I know I should do most of the housework and I don't really mind that, but can I get a little help here?
Share/Bookmark



No comments: