Monday, December 7, 2009

A Visit to C-town

When it comes to most major holidays, we usually head out west to a little redneck town where a lot of our family lives.  The Thanksgiving holiday also brings us my mom's birthday on the 27th of November.  This year she celebrated her 50th birthday so my sisters and I decided to throw her a surprise party.  It really kinda sucks though because I live over 200 miles away from my sisters.  Makes it hard to plan a party along with them.  Anyhoo,  this year wasn't really any different from any other as far as going to the Moms was concerned.

So we get to C-town and hang with the MIL, my biglittle sis, and finally (3am!) head to Mom's to crash for the night.  The next day we ate.  And ate.  And ate some more.  I love my momma and her hubby's cooking!  We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mac n cheese (not Mamaw's but it was still good), pumpkin pie, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of.  Anyway!  It was gooood!  We also had to backtrack to Quanah to give thanks and share some eatin time with some of Sean's family.  Here are a few pics and just a warning, disclaimer, what-have-you:  I have been trying to get this post done for days now and I am too lazy tired to edit the photos so they are raw as can be!

My Momma who had just put my Kati-bug to sleep.


My biglittle sis and her silly boy.


another adorable nephew


she can't even put up the texting during vacay!


my boy -- don't know what he's doing!



The day after Thanksgiving there is a tradition in C-town called the Treasure Hunt.  The city park is decorated in lights of all kinds.  They also have Santa come down and all of the kids in the town line up to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what they want.  We, somehow, ended up first in line to see Santa.  And by somehow, I mean, well... I'm not the most timely of people.  I am always late no matter how hard I try to get there early.  Brandi had my older 2 kids so it was just Sean, Kaitlan and myself and I just told Sean to go on to the park and wait like for an hour and half before Santa was supposed to even be there while we munched on some McNuggets. 

Moving on....  Everyone enjoyed a cup of hot cocoa while we waited for Santa's arrival.  That's us first in line!


Then all of the kids got their turn in Santa's lap.

 
 
Of course the baby always cries!!

Another little tradition that we adopted was walking around after seeing Santa and taking the kids pictures in front of some of the light displays in the park.


The goofy kids like to act out some of the scenes!

 
We got 'em all together!

 
Daddy and his baby girl
(don't ask me why he's trying to look all hard and stuff.  LOL!)

  **And I'm too tired from stressing over getting this post done and dealing with the drama of Cub Scouts (a whole 'nother story!) that I'm not going to go into Mom's surprise party tonight.  So stay tuned.  I know just how riveting this post was so I'm sure you'll be back tomorrow for the second half of our trip to C-town.  Humor me and tell me this was interesting, ok?  Love you all!  Soooo...

I wanted to end this with a big ol' Texas-style Merry Christmas Y'all! 



Share/Bookmark



No comments: