Tuesday, December 15, 2009

National Geo Mom

I have discovered that I have a problem.  I think I need to nip this in the bud now before it goes too far.  Umm, I have a clothing issue.  It's more of an underwear issue actually.  You see, I have found myself going for far too long into the day without wearing my bra.

Yes, bra-less.

I know.  I know.  That's just not right.  I am a mother of three children and I have breastfed two of those children for 26 months of my life(so far).  Could you imagine?  Could I be traumatizing my children!?

You know what it is don't you?  I know former breastfeeding moms should anyway.  I had to wear a bra for 9 (really 10) months of pregnancy including during sleep.  They were far too tender and swollen.  Then you have the baby.  Your milk comes in.  You feel like you have rocks that constantly leak stuck to your chest.  Of course your milk evens out after a while and -for me anyway- breastfeeding is enjoyable and extremely bonding. 



Kaitlan has been nursing for 14+ months now and I don't foresee her stopping anytime soon.  I don't really mind much anymore, though.  Because now.  Now I can sleep without a bra!  I love how I make enough milk for what she wants and don't have to wear those stupid nursing pads anymore.  I nursed Raiden for 12 months, but it never quite got this good. 

So is it bad that I wanna go for a little while without feeling the restraints of a bra?  I mean, I wear an appropriate top.  And it's not like they don't all see me nursing the baby.  Anywho....  I'm doing it 'cause I can ;-)

* I just had to post the goofy picture because it made Kaitlan laugh so hard!
Share/Bookmark



No comments: