Friday, February 19, 2010

Who Put That There!?

Since today is Friday and the littlest rugrat is napping (at least as I begin to type), I am going to jump back onto the 5QF bandwagon. This weeks questions are really cute and I can't wait to see what everyone else has said.

1) Have you ever hit an animal with your vehicle?

The first time I hit a squirrel. I was 16 and I started crying. When I was 17 I also hit a kid, but that's another story.

Okay, I guess I can't just leave it at that,so a quick explanation. I was driving in front of Wal-Mart and a family of about 8 were standing out front. The mom carrying the baby, the dad (I think), and I guess sibling or cousin or something crossed into the parking lot. It was summer so the bicycles were out front. The grandma and a kid or two were standing there looking at them. I stopped 3 times to see if they were going to cross too. Never did so I pulled off slowly. Suddenly a little boy about 3 or 4 decided he wanted to be with his mom. Instead of running around the back of my car, he ran in front of and hit my car. Yes, I just said that he hit my car. I think his little foot got ran over or something. I felt horrible. I was also about 3 months preggo with my first. I did NOT intentionally hit the kid. I'm not stupid. Anyway, I was able to stop by my step-dad's work for advice, hunt my mom down at the city pool and then go to the police station and get half of my report filled out before they showed up to do their report. Just sayin'. The kid ended up being just fine.

Oh yeah, we also hit a giant owl that was about 3 foot tall, I swear, on July 4th that summer. That was scary.

2) When you see a string on your clothes do you pull it off or cut it?

I usually just pull it off unless it's one of those stubborn strings. You know, one of those with it's own little mind. Then I do get the scissors. That's a lot of effort, though.

3)Did you have your own room or share a room when you were young?

I'm all over on this one. I shared a room for a while with my sisters and then we moved out to the country. Since I was the oldest girl, I got my own room. The younger girls had to share and my step-bro got his own room too. At my dad's house, we were only there part time so Bran and I shared a room. Then he moved across the street and Brandi and I decided we wanted to live with Dad. We had our own rooms there. Theeen, I moved back to my mom's and she had a two bedroom apartment so I had no choice but to share a room with my sister 7 years younger than me. I was 15 or 16 so that stunk! As soon as we moved out of there I got my own room again until I moved in with my hubby. He makes me share a room with him still. I guess it's okay. Though I wish he'd keep his side cleaner.

4) Would you rather wear the same thing for the rest of your life or eat the same thing for the rest of your life?

I guess it depends what I would be wearing or eating. If I could at least wash the clothes occasionally I'd be just fine wearing my jammy pants and tank top every.single.day. If you're just talking about eating Taco Bell everyday then why the heck not! I don't think I would actually like to eat the exact same thing forever though. Too boring!

5)What was your favorite t.v. show as a child?

I loved all of the shows on ABC's TGIF. They rocked. I wish they still had that TGIF thing. I also loooved Punky Brewster as a kid. I saw a set that had 5 or 6 Punky's on a cd and I wanted it sooo bad. I hope it's still there when I have money to buy it.

So there ya go. My 5 answers to Mama M's 5 questions. Click on over and link up if you wanna. The old man is home so I guess I'm gonna go spend some time with him. Everyone have a wonderful weekend be safe!

*sorry I don't have Mama M's 5QF button today, but my computer is acting wiggy today.
Share/Bookmark



3 comments:

Tyler said...

oh I loved TGIF!! That would be good if they would do that again with a bunch of family friendly shows for everyone to enjoy them together :)

Have a great weekend girlie!

Tyler said...

oh I loved TGIF!! That would be good if they would do that again with a bunch of family friendly shows for everyone to enjoy them together :)

Have a great weekend girlie!

CM said...

Oh my goodness, thank God the child was ok! Crazy, huh? Wow, that's why I am so careful that my kiddos don't run in parking lots. They are quick and you never know where they might run next! How scary!