Friday, February 19, 2010

Friendship

All of us have friends.

The sad part is when we take those friends for granted. Even if there has been a falling out, we should always put our friendship first.

I hate that I haven't been a better friend.

That doesn't always become evident until we lose one of those friends. I'm not talking about them moving out of town or state.

I mean permanent loss.

What can you do then?

What does that mean for other friendships that have been lost in everyday life? Or even the friends that one sees everyday?

I haven't talked to him in a while. It's been years. He even lived with us for a few years off and on. Mostly on! :) He would drive me crazy but would also make me laugh. He was always so good to my kids. I couldn't ask anymore than that.

It was about three weeks ago that he found me on Facebook. I contemplated for a moment as to whether or not I wanted to accept the friend request. "What the heck", I thought. It had been years since our falling out and I definitely didn't want to be one to hold grudges. He left me a short message. I never took the time to return the message. I did think about it and about how I forgive him because I know he would forgive me.

He really was a good person. He will be dearly missed. His daughter will miss him though she doesn't really know him too well.

I feel so bad for his mother. She let us live with her for a little bit before we moved to the DFW area. I want to give her a hug and tell her that I'm sorry for not trying to make amends with her dear son.

Please, God, walk with her through this difficult time. Be with his little brothers and sister while they deal with their loss.


Share/Bookmark



No comments: