Sunday, February 14, 2010

M.I.A.--A week in review.

I feel like I've been missing in action this week. Partly because it's so cold and that just doesn't motivate me to do squat!  Yes, I don't even wanna blog. I think it has been a case of writers block or just plain no motivation. It seems I would prefer to either play Bejeweled, edit photos or hang out with the kiddos. In fact, I spent the past Saturday with my girls having a little girls-day-out. We sent the boys out of the house to go help Uncle Jake get a new truck and we girls drove down to grab some lunch first.

See. The remnants of KK's sandwich. 

Unfortunately, Sage doesn't seem to know how to use the camera. Fortunately, Momma has photo editing software and has learn a little bit about it. Sage took this picture of Kater-bugs munchin'.
Kaitlan was almost completely white somehow! I love how her pretty blue eyes shine, though.

Then we have the lady of the hour.

She and I haven't a girl's day since the weekend before Kaitlan was born.

Here's Kaitlan and myself waiting for "Big Sis" to get her nails done. 

I know, I need a haircut... bad!

I wish I would have gotten photos of her fingers and toes. So pretty! She has bright, lime green toes and hot pink finger nails with the most beautifully painted white flowers on her big toes and thumbs. She was very happy with them.

After this we went to Babies R Us to look for a pail liner for KK's diaper pail. (I just can't see ordering one little pail liner online. I guess that means I'll just have to buy something else too!) We didn't find the liner, but did find a few other things including Where The Wild Things Are.
 
I looove this book and so wanted my kids to have it.

After Babies R Us, we tried to go to Sears to see what they had, but that was a huge mistake. I don't know what the deal was, but the mall was packed beyond belief! Mostly the parking long from what I could tell because that's as far as I was willing to travel. You'da thought it was Christmas Eve or something! Since that was a no-go and the hair salon had like an hour wait to get Sagie-poo in for a cute cut, we went home and kicked our feet up. It was a great girls-day-out that we all enjoyed.

The next few days proved to be nothing more than normal February days. Tuesday we had a PTA meeting and the 3rd graders were doing their musical. I have a 3rd grader if ya didn't know.

This is him after the musical.
I'm a bad mom and forgot to grab my camera before making a mad dash out of the door. We were already running late, of course. He was so super cute. He was supposed to be a kid in the 60's and borrowed the wig from his godparents who are awesome people. I wrote about them here. My kid is such a ham and although he said he didn't want people looking/laughing at him and the wig, his actions said otherwise. Here's Sage in the wig.

Her goofy behind thought it was funny to put a headband on it. I wish I could load up the video I took, but since I only had my cell... well can't figure how to get them on the computer with the sound. I would love for you to see a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds singing Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band. They totally rocked it!

Come Thursday we all awoke to a beautiful snow fall.

This was the view from my front porch.

That doesn't count as child labor, does it? Sorry, this one was taken with my cell.

I was taking my baby girl to school.
I needta get her to put on some lipgloss!

Raiden got out of school early so we played in the backyard. I don't know how Kaitlan's legs got that far apart but she was yelling for Momma and Rai was only dreaming of dropping a snowball on her head...  not helping her up!

When Logan got to our house the boys had a snow ball fight.
 

It was better than him throwing snowballs at me!

Everyone had to make snow angels.

Even Kaitlan

I never said she liked it, though.

 

Dad pulled her out gently ;)

 

And she had a pretty snow angel! See?
 

 With that, Raiden had to have Dad throw him into the snow just as he did KK.
 

We also made a snow man.
 

Raiden thought he needed to be a real snow"man"
 BOYS!!!

 Here's the final result.
Frosty the Irish Pimp? I don't know.

Dad taught Raiden how to write his name in the snow.
  
I think all he got written out was "Ra".

 We noticed there were a few tree branches down including our own.
 

Then we went for a drive in the neighborhood.
 
  

 Not to mention what I noticed just across the street.
This was at about 9am. The snow had been falling for about 5 or 6 hours at that point.
  

This is the same tree at about 6 hours later. Check out those flakes!
It literally snowed all. day. long.

Speaking of trees, we came across this on the way back home.
 
 
Say whaaaat?
 In the first picture you can see tire tracks that led toward the tree and exit tracks in the last picture. We just couldn't tell whether or not they drove through before or after the branches had fallen!

All in all we had a great day. I didn't get a bit of housework done for two whole days, but it was so worth trying to smush it all into today. We actually got a record snow fall that day. Sean and the kids had never seen such a thing in their entire lives. I had only seen it once in Colorado and it doesn't really count because all of that snow was already there when we got there for the vacation. Now I'll leave you with a few more pics including other snowmen that we found in the neighborhood.
  
Stabbing Frosty (?)

  
This one looked like either Michael Jackson or an Amish guy.

  
a cowboy

  
at Sage's friend's house

  
I'll bet this house has a little girl or two living in it!

  
my crazy neighbors. (I mean literally crazy)

 
 
 
That's the crazy neighbor! And Frosty as a Clone Trooper, of course.



Share/Bookmark



1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun! Love all the snow pictures...seriously, kids and snow is always a good time! :)