Sunday, January 10, 2010

To My Dearest Sagey-poo,

It was about 30 minutes ago from this time 12 years ago that I lay bed for the night when my water broke. Your dad and I took our time getting to the hospital stopping by Nanny's to let her know we were on our way to the hospital because Aunt Brandi was on the phone! An epidural was my good friend that night. I even got a nap during labor thanks to that epidural! Approximately 8 hours after my water broke, you were welcomed into our lives with open, loving arms. You came to us a tiny bundle at 5lbs, 4 1/2 oz. and 19 inches long. Your daddy and I couldn't have been more proud of our first born It was funny how you seemed from such a young age to have your own little personality. You charmed everyone you came in contact with. Everyday you are becoming a truly amazing young lady who shows me just why I am blessed that God chose me to be your mother. You have brought such joy to the lives of your dad and myself. More than you will ever know. Well maybe someday you will know. Someday when you have your own children and experience the same intense love that I have for you, your brother and sister. A love that is like no other. I know we still have so long until that time, but it's not nearly long enough. I can't believe that today you are 12 years old! Now just don't grow up too fast. And don't ever think that your father and I are in any way trying to make your life miserable. I'm just saying... I know what I went through at your age and the next few years to come. ;)  I love you, Baby Girl! You will always be my baby girl...

Love, Mom
Share/Bookmark



No comments: