Monday, January 11, 2010

Mama Guilt Mondays

Good Monday morning my fellow blog hoppers! I wanted to start the day out with participating in a fun new blogging carnival created by Cop Mama. If you haven't been by her blog, you gotta! She has two cuddly little guys and makes me super proud to be a woman by serving and protecting the community as a police officer. I am always impressed and inspired by women like her that have stepped into a such noble profession like law enforcement. So go check out her blog(when you're done here of course). Check out her new meme and participate with us. You know you wanna! Cause, like, all the cool kids are doing it.

My Mama Guilt only goes back to last night as we were trying to go to sleep. Kaitlan sleeps in the bed with Sean and I (unfortunately but my fault) and was being a little bit of a butt when it came to actually going to sleep. It's really pretty normal that she does fight it a little. I mean, she is a toddler! I chalked it up to her just not being ready for bed and got on to her about laying down and going to sleep. I know you're probably thinking that she's just a baby, but she's a pretty smart baby. She knows what bedtime is. After fighting with her for a while I realized that she is probably being such a bear because of her teeth. It finally dawned on me and I remembered that she was teething. Yes, the poor child already has 12 teeth and now her "eye" teeth are coming in. From what I remember, those teeth are always hard on little ones. So, feeling guilty (as well as relieved for figuring out the problem) I carried her to the bathroom and rubbed on some baby Orajel. We went back to bed and before long she was asleep. I think we both felt better.

Do you have any thing to feel guilty about as a mom? I know we all aren't perfect, but we can all share our own stories and know that we're not alone. Now click over the Cop Mama, see what others have said and play along!
Share/Bookmark



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you both finally got some much needed rest. I have done that as well with both of my kiddos.

CM said...

Cubbie is teething too. He's very fussy lately, and I keep forgetting to just simply put the medicine on too. Why is that? I suppose we just chalk it up to typical toddler fussiness. Nice to know I'm not the only one who does this!

Great post and thanks for linking up to my blog, friend!