Friday, October 23, 2009

Booty, God, Booty

I have to say that I love music.  Music that praises our awesome Lord is even better.  Even better than that is some music that you can praise the Lord and shake your booty to.  I know, that doesn't sound like it really goes together, right?  Well, I have come across a great new song that I love so much by Beenie Man.  I like all kinds of music including Reggae.  There is just something about the beats that make you wanna move your feet!  And shake your booty!  Where is all of this coming from?  Well, I came across a blog called Stuff Christians Like.  I don't really know who this Jon fellow is, but it seems he's from Atlanta and listens to a hiphop/rap station there that plays an inspirational moment of some sort at 6:30am.  It sounds kind of like the stations here in the DFW in how he explains it.  He says that they will play a "bootie" song such as "I'm in Love Wit a Stripper",  followed by the inspirational word, and closes out with another "bootie" song such as "Lollipop".  Thus, giving you booty, God, booty.  I thought that was just too funny and very true.  Then I come across this awesome song that sort of gives you booty and God all rolled into one neat little package.  His meaning behind this was that we kind of find ourselves doing this in our everyday lives.  I mean, we all do it because we are all sinners by nature and no one is perfect.  Example:  I tell my kids that their actions are not like Jesus's actions would have been and remind them of Pastor Daniel's sermon last Sunday.  Then I yell at the kids.  Then I pray for God to give me strength in dealing with them.  Make sense?  Think about it.  So, here it is, enjoy (and feel free to move your booty!):

Gospel Time by Beenie Man
Share/Bookmark



No comments: