Saturday, March 20, 2010

Meet the Husband

I realized the other day that I don't have any sort of introduction (or whatever you call it) in the sidebar about my hubby.

How dare I!

Well I have decided today to introduce you all to the love of my life...

Oh, crud, not that love of my life!


This one:

(This is an old pic from almost 3 years ago on our 9th wedding anniversary. He took me to a very romantic bed and breakfast. It was a surprise and he packed for me so that is why I'm wearing the goofy Happy Bunny shirt and no make-up! I may have to tell you more about that later as well.)

This is the man who stole my heart and has given me more than I could have ever asked for to fill that heart up.

It all started about 14 years ago. The girl I once called my best friend was taking me to some guys apartment that she knew. She told me his name was Sean and he liked her but she didn't like him like that. When we got up there she introduced us and we sat down on the couch next to one another across from him.

I had a weird feeling that only told me that I didn't like the fact that he liked her. Months would pass. I would see him occasionally.

He ended up buying a truck that had belonged to an ex-boyfriend of mine.

While walking up to another friend's house with the friend that had introduced us, he came around the corner in that truck. She went to talk to him. I went inside. I still remember not liking that he stopped and talked to her.

Months later that same friend took me to meet some new guys that had just moved to town. What do you know! There was Sean too.

Then began the era of a lot of hanging out and having fun together. We partied on the weekend. We partied during the week. I skipped a lot of school. I made it a point to go to each class at least once a week. What can I say? Mom was a single mom working full time and I took advantage of that. Not saying that once I got caught I didn't get into trouble, because I did. Lots of trouble. The one person my mom would allow me to see, though, was Sean. He is actually the person who got me to go back to school and probably a big part of my graduating high school even though we had a four month old baby.

He, like all other guys that came into mine and my sisters lives, believed my mom hated him and that she was always giving him dirty looks. I had to explain to him that she looks at everyone like that. haha! Love ya Mom!

We started dating and I became pregnant very quickly. He broke up with me for about two weeks. I won't go into the whole thing because his best friend's sister was in town during those two weeks and as soon as she left he was willing to have me come over and talk about getting back together. Ignore the anger there. I really am over it. I was the one he married after all! ☺

From that day forward we spent every single moment together. Okay, we spent every moment that we weren't at school, work or at home asleep, together.

We moved in together  in November of '97 and had our baby girl in January of '98. I talked a little about that here. Our life as a family had come together quite nicely.

So there is a little bit about how we started out. I realize that wasn't so much about the hubster, but I'll go into just how much he means to me later. Until then, everyone have a great weekend and with Spring Break ending, I hope to be able to post more often. I've been pretty busy keeping 4-5 kiddos busy all week!
Share/Bookmark



1 comment:

CM said...

What a nice picture of you two. I know, I realized I don't really talk about my DH either. Oh well, you did a great job here!