Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Awkward

Someone please tell me that I am not the only adult who still feels like a thirteen year old girl at times.

Minus the new boobs because after nursing three kids, they are so not like-new.

Maybe I'm just being silly. Sometimes, though, I still feel like the last kid to be picked in gym class. Seriously. It's not a good feeling. I look at other women and they seem like they just have it all together. They never make a mistake and they always do what they are supposed to do. I, on the other hand, feel like a doofus when as I stand there talking to them. I always seem to say something stupid or just feel like I don't measure up. This is really noticeable to me when it comes to the homeschooling community. The ladies are marvelous. Really, they are. It seems like they are such better moms and teachers than I. Involved in just about every activity under the sun, kids are excelling in all points of curriculum, and they still have time to get a nutritious, clean-eating meal on the table when hubby gets home.

It's not just me, is it?!

I'm working hard on becoming that stellar mom and wife that I see around me. I have joined an accountability group to help me make sure I start my day off right and I think that will help a lot. Starting my day out with a cup o' joe and Jesus should help. I need some of that accountability when it comes to getting up and going to church on Sunday, as well. Sean usually likes to stay up pretty late on the weekends... okay, we are all naturally night owls and we love sleeping in a day or two on the weekend. That so does not help. I'm going to keep working on it, though, because as it says in Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!
Share/Bookmark



2 comments:

Med School Mom said...

It's definitely not just you. I think we all feel that way sometimes. I've struggled with feeling like I don't measure up my entire life. I like to think of it as nature's way of keeping us humble. How boring ( and obnoxious!) the world would be if we were all super confident.

Nellie Bracho said...

I stumbled over myself trying to find the comment button on here. Then I discover "Mom" has already given some great insight to this.
I cannot accept this idea that someone as dedicated and committed as you are to your family has the belief that they do not add up or measure up as it were...measure up to what? Who's standards? I would give my right arm to be able to say that I had contributed so much to my children's lives as you have to yours. And don't go comparing yourself to the other home schooling mothers because one of the benefits of home schooling is to give your children not only the individual attention they cannot get a public school but also to give them a unique experience in learning and growing. They may have different and interesting ideas and such but that does not downplay the great job you do at home with your kids. Its great to appreciate other's talents but not at the expense of your own sense of self worth. Give yourself some credit and keep your head up. You're awesome and don't ever forget it.