Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful... Day One

I cannot believe that it is already November 1st. Last night we had a nice, short Halloween. After feeding everyone dinner, we took the kids to the festival at church. We spent about an hour there playing games for candy, running through bounce houses, and finding our way through the playground maze. We stopped and walked a couple of blocks gaining the kiddos a little more candy. This was the earliest we had ever been home on Halloween. It was nice. :)

I looked at Facebook a little while ago and began reading many of my friend's statuses stating what they are thankful for on this first day of November. I tried doing that last November and did pretty well although I didn't hit every day of the month.

I give thanks daily for many things but there is something special about this month, what with Thanksgiving and all, that makes one focus one each of those things that make my world go 'round. Instead of sharing on Facebook, though, and in an attempt to not visit Facebook as often, I decided to write a thankful post here each day this month. I am also hoping that writing here will become habit and I will come back more often. So, on to day one...

Today, I am thankful to be citizen of the United States of America. I have a few issues with the way the world and our country has gone in general, but I am proud that I call these nifty, fifty United States my home.
Share/Bookmark



No comments: