Saturday, July 3, 2010

You can call me a wimp...

...you can call me a wuss.

You can even call me battered and bruised.

But what you will NOT call me is spider-bitten!

It all happened when I went to take a shower. (No wise cracks, ya hear!)

I looked up and I saw the spider. On the ceiling. And struggling.

It seemed to be slipping from the condensation that was forming from the shower steam.

I'm not some big skeerdy cat when it comes to spiders (normally), but this involved me having to close my eyes at times to wash and I just wasn't risking it.

All I could see in my head was opening my eyes after rinsing my hair out or the soap from my face, and staring smack-dab at a spider!

No, I couldn't risk that.

So I did a little holler...

"KID!"

I didn't care which one showed up, but I needed a kid.

"KID!"

No response.

I thought that they probably couldn't hear me over the television being that Raiden thinks that the t.v. must drown out all other sounds including his own thoughts.

Then I saw that darn spider slip off of the ceiling!

I squealed!

It caught itself and clumsily pulled itself back up to the ceiling.

Whew! That was a close one.

I knocked on the wall and yelled a few more times before Raiden finally came to the bathroom door. That's when I did something stupid.

Right before my son came to the door, I thought it would be a swell idea to prepare myself to squash the little spider. I placed my left foot on the side of the bathtub. I began to lift my right foot to the wall of the bathtub.

That's when I slipped...

...but I caught myself as well! (just like the spider, ya see.)

I did bump my leg on the side of the tub, but no biggie. Could have been much worse! I'll just have a nice bruise on my leg as well as my foot probably.

Funny thing was that when I slipped I let out a little yelp and that was the same moment that Raiden was walking in the door. I heard him let out a little yelp as well and close the door back. I didn't understand why, but I thought it was funny. When he came back in I asked if I had scared him when I yelled but of course he said no. He's such a tough guy!

Well I ended up getting my shoe that I needed and proceeded to step back onto the bathtub side withOUT the shower curtain under my foot this time. Yeah, I'm a genius, I know. The spider was squished and all was right with the world once again.
Share/Bookmark



3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! You are ADORABLE!

Scott S. said...

Guess you need one of those old lady benchs so you dont fall anymore. Did your husband do the "Feel Sorry" and then laugh at you behind your back?

Dont tell Tracy I do that ok

trooppetrie said...

thanks for the laugh. I probably would have acted the same way.