Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ramblings...

I keep sitting down and trying to write but nothing comes out. I think I'm trying too hard. Maybe I should not think too much about it...

So much going on lately. I'm getting excited for school to start back up. We're starting on September 4th. I love that we get to choose when we begin. Sage and Raiden will actually start next week. Sage begins her World View Studies class and they both begin Latin at the church. Wow, I'm really excited!

I think I have been scaring the crud out of my husband here lately. In a good way, though. *hehe* The more research I do, the more crap I want to keep out of all our bodies. I stopped vaccinating KK at 18 months because she had a reaction to the MMR. I was worried about my decision to not vaccinate for a while. Then I came across a group on Facebook that shares tons of information that has helped me come to the decision to not vaccinate my kids any more. There are horrible, horrible things in those vaccines. I am so glad that I have educated myself and know that I have the choice as to whether or not I want to inject my kids and myself with poison.

Aaaahhh! The West Nile Virus! It is the first and last thing they talk about on the news now days. I am so tired of hearing about it. Yes, I am worried about it. Yes, I am taking measures to make sure we are not bitten by mosquitoes and that we do what we can to prevent mosquitoes from breeding around our home. I am taking those measures. I don't expect the government to do it for me. There has been a big push for aerial pesticide spraying in the area because of the "epidemic" of WNV (West Nile Virus). Epidemic? I am pushing for no spraying! I really am sorry for those who have gotten sick or have lost a loved one to WNV but I don't want a blanket of cancer inducing chemicals being sprayed over our homes. I work very hard to keep toxins out of my family's bodies. I don't need the government hand delivering them to our door.

Okay, complaining  over.

Today we had our monthly mom's meeting with our homeschool support group. We have such a lovely group of ladies. I was able to meet two of our new moms and a couple of their sweet kids at today's meeting. That little boy was so cute I could've scooped him up and brought him home with me. I don't think his mother would have approved, though being that it's the first time I met them and all. We had a great meeting. I am hoping we have more in attendance next month. I think it may help that the meeting are during the day now instead of the evening. I don't know about the rest of the ladies, but I like to spend my evening at home with my honey and kiddos. I am already waiting quite impatiently for our first group field trip. We will be going to an orchard. I'm so excited! I tried to take my kids to this same farm last October and was basically told that I was too late. Apparently they do all sorts of kids out there for field trips. I was told that there will be another group out there when we will be. Boo. We will have a great time, though!

I guess I'll go cook up some grub for these people. I don't know what their deal is. They expect me to feed them every.single.day. ;)

Share/Bookmark



No comments: